KS Company Cleaning Supervisor Job
Cleaning Supervisor Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Cleaning Supervisor Do?
A cleaning supervisor is responsible for overseeing the work activities of cleaners within his/her department, be it in a firm, hotel, or residential building.
The form or manner by which the cleaning supervisor carries out his or her job description is usually tailored to suit the organization or firm within which he/she operates.
That is to say, the sort of cleaning services and supervision pattern(s) applied in a hotel might be different from that which is applied somewhere else, like a corporate organization.
The cleaning supervisor is also sometimes referred to as a housekeeping supervisor or even a janitor supervisor.
He/she basically establishes or puts in place cleaning schedules, and also assigns cleaners/workers under his/her supervision to different duties and/or roles.
It is the responsibility of a cleaning supervisor to make sure that whatever assignment or duty to be carried out, has enough personnel to see it through, and that they (the workers/personnel) have enough supply of the required equipment with which to complete the assigned tasks.
He/she usually discusses general cleaning procedures and/or methods with the staff/workers that are assigned to different areas/tasks; recommends and carries out changes in procedures (cleaning methods) if the need arises.
The maintenance and submission of reports with regards to cleaning personnel, equipment, supplies and general expenses are to be carried out specifically by the cleaning supervisor as at when due (normally on a routine basis).
His/her work description also entails recommending different personnel action, which normally includes hiring, promotions, and transfers from one unit to another, and generally carrying out performance ratings/appraisals on workers.
Cleaning Supervisor Job Description
A cleaning supervisor shoulders a wide range of responsibilities. He/she tries as much as possible to make sure that cleaners under his/her supervision carry out their functions effectively and promptly too.
The sample job description below is a clear example of the sort of duties and tasks that are normally assigned to individuals that work as a cleaning supervisor in most organizational settings:
- Establishment of cleaning standards and procedures for workers and ensure adherence to these standards and procedures
- Coaching and developing employees (cleaners)
- Scheduling and assigning specific duties/roles to cleaners and also ensuring that they are carried out expertly
- Inspection of cleaning equipment on a regular basis so as to know when they are worn-out and also request for replacement
- Controlling and monitoring the usage of cleaning materials so as to avoid or minimize waste and/or misuse
- Providing any form of required assistance to cleaners while they carry out their duties.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for the role of a Cleaning Supervisor
When hiring for the position of a cleaning supervisor, there are certain qualities that employers look out for in an applicant.
If you are seeking to work as a supervisor in charge of a cleaning service, here are common requirements to expect from employers:
- Must possess excellent communication skills in speaking, writing, and even in listening
- Must have good interpersonal attributes. That is to say, the supervisor must be someone that gets along easily with people (easily approachable)
- Must be outstanding when it comes to organization and coordination of both humans and their activities
- Must display a high level of integrity due to the fact that he/she may be in a position to take care of people’s personal belongings
- Excellent decision-making ability is a must-have
- Must be proactive in the line of duty
- Must have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team, and most importantly, lead a team
- Should have a clear understanding of customer service guidelines/principles
- Must have relevant experience in cleaning and supervision of cleaning procedures
- A basic degree in any hospitality-related field is also required
- Recruitment process for this role may include a pre-employment assessment test to screen applicants.
The sample job description above will definitely serve as a guide to any employer that seeks to hire qualified candidates for the role of a cleaning supervisor.
The detailed cleaning supervisor duties and responsibilities provided in this post will help employers to create effective description for the job and enhance their chances of getting the best people to hire for the position.
Also, individuals that are looking to take up a career in the cleaning and janitorial industry will find this article beneficial in learning about what cleaning supervisors do, and so will be able to make an effective self-assessment to be sure that is the career path they want to take.
How to Apply
For outside UAE candidates will have to book an appointment.
Apply from outside UAE candidate
For outside UAE candidates will have to book an appointment for interview.
- Tel.: (+971) 43380771
- Mob.: (+971) 505269055 (WhatsApp / Call)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.kscompanybiz.com
- Time: Mon-Sat 10:00AM To 05:00PM
- #106, ART Tower, First Floor, A1 Business Centre, Al Raffa Road, Bur Dubai (U.A.E.)
Near: Al Ghubaiba Metro Station / Bus Station